If your rat has ingested a poisonous substance, various symptoms can occur. Some include frothing at the mouth, diarrhea, bleeding from the mouth or rectum, and lack of co-ordination.

What do I do?

Get your rat to the vet, bringing the offending substance along (preferably in its original packaging/container). Your vet will advise further action.

Anything else?

Depending on the dosage and severity, you might want to prepare yourself to say goodbye. If that happens, be strong, thank your pet for being with you, and say goodbye. Remember that your rat had a wonderful life while with you!

911: Poisoning
Tagged on:                     

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *